They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. We disagree.
Sure, there are cheaper imitations of our pop-up tents out there. But we think you should get your money’s worth. That’s why we use only the highest quality materials and construction. That’s why all our UTWPod™ tents are vigorously tested and re-tested, why we never rest at making them even better and why we stand behind each and every one we make. Why? Because you deserve the best money can buy.
Why settle for less when you can cozy up to the original?
Sure, we invented the first pop-up, personal WeatherPod™. But the story doesn’t end there. We invest in making a premium product and making our customers happy. Rest assured, owning an Under the Weather product is always a wise investment in top quality and craftmanship and why we always stand behind our products. So don’t be fooled by cheap imitations, copycats may look the same but nobody else tests their Pod materials and construction as rigorously as we do.
Here’s why there’s no comparison to a WeatherPod™ tent.
- Vigorous testing & retesting by third-party testing centers
- 210 Oxford Polyester fabrics treated with a proprietary waterproof additive coating
- Clear plastic and fabric are cold tested to 10° below temperatures
- Certified UPF 50+ maximum sun protection by SGS SH Lab Testing Group
- Steel wire rods carefully sized and customized to each pod size to ensure durability & easiest fold
- High quality #8 zippers with dense zipper binding to help keep water out and premium PVC zipper pulls
- Proprietary double-reinforced tent floor fabric & heat-sealed seams; double stitching on all seams
- Heavy-duty ground stakes and compact backpack carry case with adjustable straps
Did you know?
Our original pod designs were tested and modified by real sideline warriors just like you? It began in our CEOs back yard urged on by friends and fellow sport parents. But it doesn’t end there. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers still provide fantastic feedback and ideas for improvement and new products and we listen. We still “test” our products this very same way but we also know that quality control needs to be a more intentional part of research and development, from the fabric, the plastic, zippers and tent floors, from the steel wire rods to the backpack buckles, the details matter. Quality, performance and durability matter. And most importantly, your opinion matters.
Here’s how to tell if the Under the Weather™ Pod you’re eying is the genuine article.
Use these tips to help ensure the WeatherPod™ you purchase is the real deal.
- Buyer beware. A good sign that a copycat Pod may not be the genuine article is the price.
- We use higher-grade materials, proprietary waterproof coatings and certified UPF 50+ on fabrics that are also clear cold tested to 10° below temperatures, as well as double-stitching on seams and heavy-gauge steel wire rods sized specifically for each Pod to ensure durability and ease of use.
- We rigorously test our products and have them inspected to ensure you’re getting the best quality and value for the price.
- We rarely discount our WeatherPod™ pop-up tents, in fact, we only do so if we need to clear out older inventory to make way for new styles for our customers.So if you’re thinking the lower price is too good to be true, it probably is.
- Genuine Under the Weather® Pods are sold only on this website, Amazon and the following retail locations: DICK's Sporting Goods, Field & Stream, SCHEELS and Walmart.
- Remember, Under the Weather® Pods purchased from unauthorized resellers are not covered under our return or warranty policies.